- Samylin Tablets for Medium Dogs (pack of 30)
Samylin Tablets for Medium Dogs (pack of 30)
SAMYLIN® is a nutritional supplement with a unique formulation that is designed to support liver health and neutralise free radicals.
Free radicals are unstable, highly reactive molecules formed by the natural process of oxidation. They are normal byproducts of metabolism, and have a role in infection prevention in the body. Free radicals are usually kept in balance by antioxidants, however, a loss of equalibrium leaving free radicals to spread unchecked can result in injury to cells and damage to DNA. In the liver this can result in fibrosis, cirrhosis or cancer.
SAMYLIN® contains a complement of antioxidants, as well as S-adenosyl L-methionine (SAMe), which is an important compound that regulates liver cell function.
- S-adenosyl L-methionine (SAMe) – the S,S-SAMe isomer is included in Samylin, which is the active form and is integral to correct hepatic function. It is enteric coated in Samylin to ensure stability and bioavailability
- Silybin – the most active molecule found in milk thistle extract. The Silybin in Samylin is conjugated with phosphatidylcholine, which increases its bioavailability, facilitating its actions as a free radical scavenger in the liver.
- Vitamin E – a very potent antioxidant and lipid soluble vitamin, which can support the function of hepatocytes from within the lipid soluble environment of the cell membranes
- Vitamin C – a water soluble antioxidant vitamin
Samylin for medium dogs is suitable for animals weighing 11 - 30kg.
Please consult your veterinary surgeon before use.
Show products for :