- Hill's Canine Prescription Diet u/d (Urinary Care) Tin 12 x 370g
Hill's Canine Prescription Diet u/d (Urinary Care) Tin 12 x 370g
|Brand||Hill's Prescription Diet|
Hill's Prescription Diet u/d Canine ensures your dog has the right balance of minerals, which discourage the formation of crystals that can lead to the creation of bladder stones. This food is recommended for dissolution of urate and cystine uroliths, reduction of urate, oxalate and cystine uroliths formation, advanced chronic kidney disease (IRIS stage 4) and hepatic copper storage disease.
- Reduced protein, calcium and nucleic acids - decreases urinary concentration of constituents of urate, oxalate and cystine uroliths.
- Maintaining alkaline pH 7.1-7.7 - discourages formation and aggregation of non-struvite crystals.
- Controlled levels of high quality, highly digestible protein - reduces accumulation of toxic protein-breakdown products.
- Increased non-protein calories - ensures adequate energy, avoiding protein catabolism.
- Reduced phosphorus - slows progression of kidney disease.
- Reduced sodium - helps slow progression of kidney disease and helps limit fluid retention in early cardiac disorders.
- Increased B complex vitamins - combats increased urinary losses due to polyuria.
- Reduced cooper - avoids copper toxicity due to defective elimination of copper by the liver.
- High vitamin E and beta-carotene - neutralises free radicals to help combat urolithiasis.
Packaging12 x 370g
Maize starch, dried whole egg, animal fat, pork liver, sucrose, ground rice, vegetable oil, soy fibre, cellulose, potassium citrate, iodised salt, calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, taurine, L-lysine hydrochloride, L-tryptophan, L-carnitine supplement, magnesium oxide, vitamins and trace elements.
|as fed||dry matter4||per 100 kcal ME5|
|Protein||3.8 %||13.3 %||2.8 g|
|Fat||7.7 %||27.0 %||5.7 g|
|Carbohydrate (NFE)||16.0 %||55.9 %||11.8 g|
|Fibre (crude)||0.2 %||0.8 %||0.2 g|
|Moisture||71.4 %||-||52.8 g|
|Calcium||0.10 %||0.34 %||72 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.05 %||0.17 %||36 mg|
|Sodium||0.08 %||0.28 %||58 mg|
|Potassium||0.13 %||0.45 %||95 mg|
|Magnesium||0.01 %||0.05 %||10 mg|
|Chloride||0.14 %||0.50 %||106 mg|
|Sulphur||0.07 %||0.23 %||48 mg|
|Hydroxyproline||0 %||0 %||0.30 mg|
|Copper||1.29 mg/kg||4.50 mg/kg||0.09 mg|
|Sulphur||0.20 %||0.70 %||149 mg|
|Omega-3 fatty acids||0.11 %||0.39 %||82 mg|
|Omega-6 fatty acids||1.52 %||5.30 %||1,121 mg|
|Taurine||0 %||0 %||46 mg|
|L-Carnitine||83 mg/kg||290 mg/kg||6 mg|
|Vitamin A||4,150 IU/kg||14,506 IU/kg||307 IU|
|Vitamin D||485 IU/kg||1,695 IU/kg||36 IU|
|Vitamin E||143 mg/kg||500 mg/kg||11 mg|
|Beta-carotene||0.4 mg/kg||1.5 mg/kg||0.03 mg|
|as fed||dry matter4|
|Non-protein calories||90 %|
|Urine alkalising substances||Potassium citrate 2.2 g/kg; calcium carbonate 1.0 g/kg|
|Target urinary pH||7.1 - 7.7|
Hill's Prescription Diet u/d Canine should be recommended by your veterinary surgeon. For detailed information on feeding amounts and how this food can help your pet, please consult your veterinary surgeon. Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet food and keep fresh water available at all times. These ranges are a starting point only because dogs' needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain the optimal body weight.
|Body Weight kg||Cans 370 g|
|2.50||1/3 - 1/2|
|5||2/3 - 3/4|
|10||1 - 1 1/2|
|20||1 3/4 - 2 1/2|
|30||2 1/3 - 3 1/3|
|40||3 - 4 1/4|
|50||3 1/2 - 5|
|60 +||3/4 per 10 kg|
A 370g can is equal to 125 grams of the dry food.
This food should be used only when recommended by a vet following the examination of your pet. Whilst your pet is being fed this diet, it is recommended that you seek veterinary advice at least every 6 months and immediately if your pet’s condition deteriorates in any way.
Show products for :