Stronghold 45mg Spot-on for Cats 2.6 - 7.5kg (pack of 6)
|Prescription Type||POM-V (Written prescription required)|
Stronghold Spot-on is an antiparastic liquid application for cats, for the treatment and prevention of flea infestations and for the treatment of internal parasitic infestations. Suitable for cats weighing 2.6-7.5kg.
Indications for use
For the treatment and prevention of flea infestations caused by Ctenocephalides spp. for one month following a single administration. This is as a result of the adulticidal, larvicidal and ovicidal properties. Stronghold is also ovicidal for 3 weeks after administration. Through a reduction in the flea population, monthly treatment of pregnant and lactating animals will also aid in the prevention of flea infestations in the litter for up to seven weeks of age.
For use as part of a treatment strategy for flea allergy dermatitis and through its ovicidal and larvicidal action may aid in the control of existing environmental flea infestations in areas to which the animal has access.
For the treatment of ear mites (Otodectes cynotis).
For the prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis with monthly administration.
For the treatment of adult roundworms (Toxocara cati) and adult intestinal hookworms (Ancylostoma tubaeforme). For the treatment of biting lice infestations (caused by Felicola subrostratus).
Prescription only medicine.
Stronghold Spot-on is only available with a prescription from your veterinary surgeon.
To check the most up to date information about this product, please read its Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC) below:
Selamectin 45 mg
Stronghold is a prescription product and must be applied according to the instructions by your veterinary surgeon.
Please read the product leaflet thoroughly before applying to your pet.
Marketing Authorisation Holder
Zoetis Belgium SA
Rue Laid Burniat 1
Marketing Authorisation Number
Contra-indications, warnings, etc
- Do not use in animals under 6 weeks of age. Do not use in cats that are suffering from concomitant disease, or are debilitated and underweight (for size and age).
- This product is to be applied to the skin surface only. Do not administer orally or parenterally.
- Do not apply when the animal’s hair coat is wet. However, shampooing or soaking the animal 2 or more hours after treatment will not reduce the efficacy of Stronghold.
- For ear mite treatment, do not apply directly to the ear canal.
- It is important to apply the dose as indicated to minimise the quantity that the animal can lick off. If significant licking does occur, a brief period of hypersalivation may rarely be observed in cats.
- Keep treated animals away from fires and other sources of ignition for at least 30 minutes or until the hair coat is dry.
- Do not allow treated animals to bathe in water courses until at least two hours after treatment.
- Avoid direct contact with treated animals until the application area is dry. On the day of treatment, children must not handle treated animals and the animals should not be permitted to sleep with their owners, especially children. Used tubes should be disposed of immediately and not left within the sight or reach of children.
- Use of Stronghold in cats has on rare occasions been associated with a mild, transient hair loss at the site of application. On very rare occasions transient focal irritation may also be observed. The hair loss and irritation are normally self-resolving, but symptomatic therapy may be applicable in some circumstances.
- On rare occasions in cats and dogs, application of Stronghold may produce a local temporary clumping of the hair at the application site and/or the appearance of a small quantity of a white powder. This is normal and will disappear typically within 24 hours of administration and does not affect either the safety of efficacy of Stronghold.
- Very rarely, as with other macrocyclic lactones, reversible neurological signs, including seizures, have been observed after use of Stronghold.
- The frequency of adverse reactions is defined using the following convention:
- very common (more than 1 in 10 animals displaying adverse reactions during the course of one treatment)
- common (more than 1 but less than 10 animals in 100 animals)
- uncommon (more than 1 but less than 10 animals in 1,000 animals)
- rare (more than 1 but less than 10 animals in 10,000 animals)
- very rare (less than 1 animal in 10,000 animals, including isolated reports).
- Wash hands after use and wash off any product in contact with the skin immediately with soap and water. If accidental eye exposure occurs, flush the eyes immediately with water and seek medical advice immediately and show the package leaflet or the label to the doctor.
- People with sensitive skin or known allergy to products of this type should handle Stronghold with caution.
- Do not smoke, eat or drink while handling Stronghold.
Show products for :