Panacur Paste for Rabbits 10 x 5g
|Manufacturer||MSD Animal Health|
|Prescription Type||SAES (OTC bird/small mammal medicine)|
What is Panacur paste and who is it for?
PANACUR® Worming Paste for rabbits is an oral palatable paste that is an aid in the control of Encephalitozoon cuniculi and intestinal worms. Encephalitozoon cuniculi is a single celled parasite which can cause a wide variety of symptoms including head tilt, cataracts, hind limb paralysis, urinary incontinence and sometimes death.
By using PANACUR® Rabbit regularly you can have peace of mind that you are giving your rabbit the best possible protection available.
In addition to using PANACUR® Rabbit, you should also observe some simple hygiene rules to help keep E.cuniculi away:
- Avoid collecting fresh greens from areas where there are wild rabbits or rodents
- Regularly disinfect food bowls and water dispensers (feed racks are useful as they prevent soiling with faecal matter or urine)
- Use separate rather than tiered housing to help prevent urine splash
- Place hutches where exposure to wild rabbits and rodents is minimised
The most up to date Summary of Product Characteristics for this authorised veterinary medicine can be viewed here.
What is the active ingredient in Panacur paste and what does it do?
PANACUR® Wormer contains fenbendazole which acts by interfering in the energy metabolism of the parasite.
PackagingPack of ten boxes each containing graduated syringe with 5g of paste.
What is in Panacur paste?
How do I use Panacur paste?
For oral administration only. Panacur Rabbit should be administered orally by squeezing the paste from the syringe into the side of the mouth.
Tips for easy administration:
- Calculate the dose required and move the locking ring so that it lines up with the required graduation
- Ensure your rabbit is safely restrained; it may be useful to wrap him/her in a towel if nervous when handled Insert the tip of the syringe gently into the side of the rabbit’s mouth behind the front teeth and slowly depress the plunger
- For accurate dosing, it’s important to weigh your rabbit.
1 syringe graduation should be given per 2.5kg bodyweight daily for 9 days.
Panacur Rabbit should be given 2-4 times a year and at high risk periods such as when you first acquire your rabbit, prior to mating and when mixing with other rabbits.
Practical dosage recommendations:
|1 to 2.5 kg||1 syringe graduation|
|2.6 to 5 kg||2 syringe graduations|
|5.1 to 7.5 kg||3 syringe graduations|
|7.6 to 10 kg||4 syringe graduations|
For prevention of worms and E.cuniculi - give daily for 9 days, 2-4 times a year
Special precautions for use in animals
Do not use in cases of hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the other ingredients.
Special precautions to be taken by the person administering the medicinal product to animals
Direct contact with the skin should be kept to a minimum. Wash hands after use.
MARKETING AUTHORISATION HOLDER
Intervet UK Ltd
MARKETING AUTHORISATION NUMBER(S)