NexGard 11mg Chewable Tablets for Small Dogs (pack of 6)
|Prescription Type||POM-V (Written prescription required)|
NexGard Chewable Tablets are tasty beef flavoured anti-parasitic tablets, which are designed to help treat and manage flea or tick infestations in dogs. These tablets are suitable for small dogs (2-4kg)
Indications for use
Treatment of flea infestation in dogs (Ctenocephalides felis and C. canis) for at least 5 weeks. The product can be used as part of a treatment strategy for the control of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD).
Treatment of tick infestation in dogs (Dermacentor reticulatus, Ixodes ricinus, Rhipicephalus sanguineus). One treatment kills ticks for up to one month.
Fleas and ticks must attach to the host and commence feeding in order to be exposed to the active substance.
Treatment of demodicosis (caused by Demodex canis).
Treatment of sarcoptic mange (caused by Sarcoptes scabiei var. canis).
Prescription only medicine (POM-V)
NexGard Chewable Tablets are only available with a prescription from your veterinary surgeon.
To check the most up to date information about this product, please read its Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC) below:
Afoxolaner is an insecticide and acaricide belonging to the isoxazoline family. Afoxolaner acts at ligand-gated chloride channels, in particular those gated by the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), thereby blocking pre- and post-synaptic transfer of chloride ions across cell membranes. This results in uncontrolled activity of the central nervous system and death of insects or acarines. The selective toxicity of afoxolaner between insect/acarines and mammals may be inferred by the differential sensitivity of the insect/acarines’ GABA receptors versus mammalian receptors.
Afoxolaner is active against adult fleas as well as several tick species such as Dermacentor reticulatus and D. variabilis, Ixodes ricinus and I. scapularis, Rhipicephalus sanguineus, Amblyomma americanum and Haemaphysalis longicornis.
NexGard kills fleas within 8 hours and ticks within 48 hours.
The product kills fleas before egg production and therefore prevents household contamination.
Afoxolaner 11.3 mg
Potassium sorbate (E202): 3 mg/g
Nexgard is a prescription product and must be applied according to the instructions of your veterinary surgeon.
Please read the product leaflet thoroughly before applying to your pet.
Marketing Authorisation Holder
29, avenue Tony Garnier
Marketing Authorisation Number
- Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.
Special warnings for each target species
- Parasites need to start feeding on the host to become exposed to afoxolaner; therefore the risk of the transmission of parasite borne diseases cannot be excluded.
Special precautions for use in animals
- In the absence of available data, treatment of puppies less than 8 weeks of age and/or dogs less than 2 kg bodyweight should be based on a benefit-risk assessment by the responsible veterinarian.
Special precautions to be taken by the person administering the product to animals
- To prevent children from getting access to the product, remove only one chewable tablet at a time from the blister. Return the blister with the remaining chewable tablets into the carton.
- Wash hands after handling the product.
- Mild gastrointestinal effects (vomiting, diarrhoea), pruritus, lethargy, or anorexia may be observed on very rare occasions. Theses occurrences are generally self-limiting and of short duration.
- The frequency of adverse reactions is defined using the following convention:
• very common (more than 1 in 10 animals displaying adverse reactions during the course of one treatment)
• common (more than 1 but less than 10 animals in 100 animals)
• uncommon (more than 1 but less than 10 animals in 1,000 animals)
• rare (more than 1 but less than 10 animals in 10,000 animals)
• very rare (less than 1 animal in 10,000 animals, including isolated reports).
Use during pregnancy, lactation or lay
- Laboratory studies in rats and rabbits have not produced any evidence of teratogenic effects, or any adverse effect on the reproductive capacity of males and females.
- The safety of the product has not been established during pregnancy and lactation or in breeding dogs. Use only according to the benefit-risk assessment by the responsible veterinarian.
- None known.
Show products for :