- Logic Firm (formerly Diar-Stop) Paste for Cats & Small Dogs 10ml
Logic Firm (formerly Diar-Stop) Paste for Cats & Small Dogs 10ml
LOGIC DIAR-STOP® is a supplement that helps to support intestinal function. It contains a carefully formulated combination of ingredients to support intestinal function, helping to manage digestive upsets and diarrhoea.
These include montmorillonate, which coats and protects the intestinal lining and absorbs toxins, sodium, magnesium and potassium to help restore electrolytes lost during diarrhea, dextrose to provide energy to the small intestine, and prebiotics (fructo-oligosaccharides) to help maintain normal intestinal flora by promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria (such as bifidobacteria and lactobacilli) at the expense of potentially pathogenic bacteria.
- Montmorillonite: coats and protects the intestines and absorbs toxins.
- Sodium, Magnesium and Potassium ions: help maintain electrolyte levels.
- Dextrose: provides an energy source for the intestines.
- Prebiotics (fructo-oligosaccharides): help maintain normal intestinal flora by promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria, such as bifidobacteria and lactobacilli, at the expense of potentially pathogenic bacteria.
Administer either directly into the mouth or on the food using the easy to use syringe. Give 1 graduation twice daily for 3-5 days, or as recommended by your veterinary surgeon.
Please use the size appropriate for your cat or dog:
For pets weighing less than 7kg, use Logic Diar-stop Paste for cats and small dogs.
For pets weighing between 7-30kg, use Logic Diar-stop Paste for medium dogs.
For dogs over 30kg, use Logic Diar-stop Paste for large dogs.
Diarrhoea and gastointestinal upset is an extremely common problem in dogs and cats and has a variety of potential causes.
Some of the common causes are:
- Dietary sensitivity and intolerance
- Worms (roundworms and tapeworms)
- Parasites (such as giardia and coccidia)
- Bacterial infection (such as salmonella and campylobacter)
- Viral infections (such as coronavirus, rotavirus and parvovirus)
- Pancreatic disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
Some of these can occur after the animal has eaten something they shouldn't, for example after stealing old food from the rubbish bin.
Diarrhoea can vary in its severity and length of duration. In mild cases, affected dogs and cats may remain bright and alert in themselves whereas, in more severe cases, they may become unwell, have a high temperature, develop concurrent vomiting, have blood in the faeces and/or become dehydrated. Most mild diarrhoea cases resolve within a few days with appropriate therapy, whereas severe and ongoing diarrhoea cases require hospitalisation and a thorough veterinary investigation.
Supplements such as Logic Diar-stop® help to support intestinal function. They can assist the gut to retain its normal balance by coating and protecting the intestinal cells, and absorbing toxins. Prebiotics within the supplements help to maintain intestinal flora by promoting the growth of good bacteria (such as bifidobacteria and lactobacilli) at the expense of potentially harmful pathogenic bacteria. Electrolytes and energy in the paste help to make the animal feel better.
If your dog or cat is suffering from diarrhoea then veterinary advice should be sought, especially if they are unwell in themselves and/or the diarrhoea is ongoing. Your veterinary surgeon will then be able to investigate the possible cause and develop a treatment regime that is tailored to your pet.
Show products for :