James Wellbeloved Light Dog Lamb & Rice 12.5kg
James Wellbeloved Light Dog Lamb & Rice is a complete dry food made from natural ingredients. With selected protein source lamb and selected carbohydrate sources of rice and barley, it is a dietetic food, excellent for the reduction of ingredient and nutrient intolerances. In cases of food intolerance, James Wellbeloved suggest that the food is tried for a period of 3 to 8 weeks, or as recommended by your veterinary surgeon. If the signs of the food intolerance disappear, continue feeding indefinitely.
- Made with natural ingredients with added vitamins and minerals.
- Hypoallergenic - ideal for dogs with skin or digestive sensitivities.
- Single meat protein - lamb with lamb fat and lamb gravy.
- No added artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
- No ingredients that are known to cause many food intolerances.
- Promotes a healthy and glossy coat with blend of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Helps to reduce stool odour with added yucca extract.
- Helping to maintain a healthy gut flora with natural chicory inulin.
- Special support for natural defences with added cranberry and green tea extract.
- Enabling managed weight reduction with lower physical density to give more food in bowl, higher fibre to help satisfy hunger and higher protein to encourage loss of fatty tissue rather than muscle tissue.
Composition:lamb meal (24.0%), brown rice (20.7%), barley, pea protein, white rice (6.4%), sugar beet pulp, whole linseed, lamb gravy (3.0%), lamb fat (2.5%),alfalfa meal, omega oil supplement*, pea fibre, seaweed (0.7%),sodium chloride, potassium chloride, parsley (0.125%), nettles (0.125%), chicory extract (0.1%),taurine (0.1%), calcium carbonate, glucosamine (0.045)%, yucca extract (0.022)%, chondroitin (0.005%).* from sunflower and fish oils.
Additives per kg: Antioxidants - E306/Natural antioxidant: 191 mg, Vitamins -E672/Vitamin A: 17400 iu,E671/Vitamin D3: 1624 iu, Trace elements - E1/iron: 154 mg E2/iodine: 3.8 mg, E4/copper: 23 mg E5/manganese: 46 mg, E6/zinc: 447 mg, E8/selenium: 0.44 mg.
Analytical Constituents: protein 26 %, crude fibres 4.5 %, fat content 10 %, crude ash 9.9 %, Vitamin E 175 mg/kg, omega-3 fatty acids 1 %, omega-6 fatty acids 1.6 %.
All recommended feeding amounts are in grams per day. Please ensure a supply of fresh drinking water at all times.
If you think your dog is overweight, it is always wise to speak to your vet before starting a weight reduction programme. Too rapid a loss can be bad for your dog so it is important to try and monitor the weekly weight loss.
Our feeding guide is worked out for the average dog of the weight shown but your dog could differ substantially from average – requirements vary considerably between dogs. The predicted weight loss is based on a 40% reduction in calorie intake from the level necessary to maintain current weight.
As general advice, if weekly weight loss is less than that predicted, make a further 10% reduction in food. If weight loss is more than predicted, increase food intake by 10%.
|Recommended food allowance to maintain existing weight||Recommended food allowance to promote sensible weight loss|
|Bodyweight (kg)||Daily serving (g) (inactive dog)||Daily serving (g) (active dog)||Daily serving (g) (inactive dog)||Daily serving (g) (active dog)||Predicted weight loss per week|
Feed in one meal per day or ideally divide into two or three meals. Feed dry with separate bowl of water or moisten with warm water to bring out the flavour.
Store in cool dry place; keep closed between uses. Supply plenty of clean, fresh drinking water at all times. We recommend that feeding be supervised.