Indorex Defence Flea Spray 500ml
Indorex Defence Flea Spray 500ml
INDOREX® is an odourless, easy-to-use environmental flea treatment which kills adult fleas and house dust mites as well as preventing the development of flea eggs and larvae in the home.
What is Indorex Household Flea Spray?
INDOREX® Household Flea Spray provides provides the protection you need to keep your home flea free.
- Using a spot-on or tablet flea treatment for every cat or dog in your household is essential to control fleas on your pet. However, flea eggs, larvae and pupae will live in our homes all year round.
- The combination of a relatively mild climate and our centrally heated homes make fleas a year-round problem.
- INDOREX® kills adult fleas for 2 months after spraying, and prevents the development of flea eggs and larvae for 12 months.
- INDOREX® protects against house dust mites for 12 months.
- INDOREX® is the UK's Number 1 Spray*
*GFK MAT Data April 2015 (Veterinary channel sales)
What are the benefits of using Indorex Household Flea Spray?
- The Health and Safety Executive has fully approved Indorex for the control of house dust mites. Dust mites are one of the main triggers involved in some allergic skin diseases in dogs and are also implicated in asthma in humans.
- INDOREX kills fleas and prevents their development. Flea bites cause discomfort and irritate the skin of our pets. Flea saliva can cause an allergic raction in some pets - a condition known as Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) which causes them to scratch excessively and can lead to skin infections. Fleas can pass on tapeworm eggs. Heavy flea burdens in kittens and puppies can result in anaemia, as fleas feed on the blood of your pet.
- INDOREX can be used in homes with babies and young children. Indorex has been approved for amateur domestic use. Once dry (allow at least one and a half hours), Indorex binds to all surfaces in such a way that it will not come off onto the skin.
- There is enough INDOREX per can to treat the average, 79 square metre, 3 bedroom house.
500ml aerosol can
What are the active ingredients in Indorex Household flea Spray and what do they do?
- Permethrin (rapidly kills adult fleas)
- Pyripoxyfen (controls growth of eggs and larvae from fleas and house dust mites)
- Piperonyl butoxide (reinforces the action of permethrin)
How do I use Indorex Household Flea Spray?
Prior to use:
- Before using Indorex, ensure that all of your doors and windows are closed.
- Remove your pets from the area to be treated and ensure all pet’s bedding is washed on a hot cycle.
- It is important that all animals are removed prior to treatment, including pet birds, reptiles, insects and spiders.
Where possible, remove aquariums, vivariums and all water storage tanks. If the fish tank is too heavy to move, switch off the pump, if there is one. Cover the tank completely with two thick blankets. When spraying Indorex in the room, ensure that the nozzle is pointing downwards and away from the tank. Wait half an hour, then ventilate the room for two hours. It will then be safe to remove the blankets and switch the pump back on.
- Do not spray Indorex near a naked flame or pilot light.
- Prior to using Indorex on or around any upholstered furniture, you should test on an inconspicuous area of fabric.
How to use:
- Start by shaking your can of Indorex well. Remove the lid and hold the container upside down, pointing directly at the surface to be treated, at a distance of about 50cm.
- Spray directly on carpets, flooring and skirting boards and underneath any rugs or blankets, paying particular attention to any cracks and crevices. Avoid wetting furniture and carpeting, do not over-apply to polished wood surfaces. A five second burst will treat approximately one square metre.
- There is no requirement to spray mattresses or bedding. Flea eggs and larvae cannot penetrate through the fibres of mattresses. Washing bedding and mattress protectors on a hot wash and correctly treating the room will be sufficient.
- Once you have sprayed, leave the room and wait for half an hour before ventilating the area by opening windows and doors for at least an hour.
- It is vital that you vacuum all floors and upholstered furniture for 7 consecutive days after using Indorex. The vibrations from the vacuum will make sure that any unhatched pupae will hatch out and be killed by the Indorex you have used. The pupae stage of the flea life cycle can survive in houses for up to 12 months and are unaffected by any known pesticide, so must hatch before they can be killed. This means that it is possible that new fleas may be seen after treatment until all of the existing pupae have hatched.
- Always empty the contents of the vacuum outside.
- Indorex is best used together with a regular flea prevention treatment for your pet.
- Asthmatics: The product itself represents no particular danger but the propellant is carbon dioxide and increased levels of this gas can be associated with asthma attacks. Consult your doctor and preferably get someone else to spray for you.
R.I.P Fleas Extra Household Spray 600mlR.I.P Fleas Extra is a long-lasting environmental household flea spray that uses a unique triple action formula to break the flea life cycle and protect your home for up to 12 months.£20.99
Staykil Household Flea Spray 500mlSTAYKIL is an odourless environmental flea treatment which provides long lasting protection against fleas in your home.£19.99
Frontline Homegard Flea Spray 400mlFrontline HomeGard is a household flea spray designed for use in your home and surrounding environments.£15.99
Animology Flea & Tick Shampoo 250mlNo one likes to think about fleas and ticks but unfortunately it’s par for the course for many dog owners. Animology's Flea and Tick shampoo not only helps wash all evidence of fleas and ticks away but it also soothes and calms any irritation and bites left behind.£3.99
Show products for :