Hill's Canine Prescription Diet w/d Weight/Diabetes Management 12kg
|Brand||Hill's Prescription Diet|
Hill's Prescription Diet w/d Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. It is recommended for weight maintenance after weight loss, fibre-responsive conditions (diabetes mellitus, hyperlipidaemia, colitis and constipation), hyperlipidaemia and struvite urolithiasis reduction in obesity prone dogs. Hill's Prescription Diet w/d Canine is also appropriate for adult dogs that are less active or neutered.
- Reduced energy and fat - helps avoid weight gain and helps lower lipid levels.
- Increased total dietary fibre - provides increased dietary bulk which helps reduce satiety and reduce hunger. In dogs with diabetes mellitus, it helps minimise blood glucose fluctuation, which may help reduce insulin dose. In the cases of colitis and constipation, it modifies bowel transit time and helps increse intestinal motility.
- Supplemented L-carnitine - facilitates conversion of fat to energy and helps maintain lean body mass.
- Reduced magnesium, phosphorus and protein - decreases urinary concentration of struvite constituents, magnesium, ammonium (from protein) and phosphate.
- Maintains acid pH 6.2-6.4 - discourages the formation and aggregation of struvite crystals.
- Superior antioxidant formula - neutralises free radicals.
Ground maize, cellulose, chicken and turkey meal, maize gluten meal, pea bran meal, digest, dried beet pulp, animal fat, flaxseed, vegetable oil, potassium citrate, salt, L-lysine hydrochloride, L-carnitine supplement, ground rice, potassium chloride, taurine, L-tryptophan, vitamins and trace elements. Contains EU approved antioxidant.
|as fed||dry matter4||per 100 kcal ME5|
|Protein||17.4 %||18.9 %||5.8 g|
|Fat||8.3 %||9.0 %||2.8 g|
|Carbohydrate (NFE)||47.8 %||52.0 %||16.0 g|
|Starch||38.50 %||41.80 %||12.90 g|
|Total sugars||1.10 %||1.20 %||5.10 g|
|Fibre (crude)||14.3 %||15.6 %||4.8 g|
|Moisture||8.0 %||-||2.7 g|
|Calcium||0.60 %||0.65 %||200 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.50 %||0.54 %||167 mg|
|Sodium||0.24 %||0.26 %||80 mg|
|Potassium||0.63 %||0.69 %||212 mg|
|Magnesium||0.09 %||0.10 %||31 mg|
|Omega-3 fatty acids||0.44 %||0.48 %||148 mg|
|Omega-6 fatty acids||2.50 %||2.72 %||837 mg|
|L-Carnitine||325 mg/kg||353 mg/kg||11 mg|
|Vitamin A||11,600 IU/kg||12,609 IU/kg||389 IU|
|Vitamin D||470 IU/kg||511 IU/kg||16 IU|
|Vitamin E||600 mg/kg||652 mg/kg||20 mg|
|Vitamin C||70 mg/kg||76 mg/kg||2.30 mg|
|Beta-carotene||1.5 mg/kg||1.6 mg/kg||0.05 mg|
|as fed||dry matter4|
|Target urinary pH||6.2 - 6.4|
Hill's Prescription Diet w/d Canine should be recommended by your veterinary surgeon. For detailed information on feeding amounts and how this food can help your pet, please consult your veterinary surgeon. Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet food and keep fresh water available at all times. These ranges are a starting point only because dogs' needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain the optimal body weight.
|FOR PREVENTION OF EXCESS WEIGHT||FOR ALL OTHER INDICATIONS|
|Ideal Body Weight kg||Dry grams||Dry grams|
|2||45 - 65||55 - 75|
|3||65 - 85||70 - 100|
|4||80 - 110||90 - 125|
|5||90 - 125||105 - 145|
|6||105 - 145||120 - 165|
|7||120 - 165||135 - 185|
|8||130 - 180||150 - 205|
|9||145 - 200||165 - 225|
|10||155 - 215||175 - 245|
|15||210 - 290||240 - 330|
|20||260 - 360||300 - 410|
|25||310 - 425||350 - 485|
|30||355 - 490||405 - 560|
|35||395 - 550||455 - 625|
|40||440 - 605||500 - 690|
|50||520 - 715||595 - 820|
|60||595 - 820||680 - 940|
|70 +||10 - 12 per kg||12 - 14 per kg|
A 370g can is equal to 120 grams of the dry food.
This food should be used only when recommended by a vet following the examination of your pet. Whilst your pet is being fed this diet, it is recommended that you seek veterinary advice at least every 6 months and immediately if your pet’s condition deteriorates in any way.