EPI-OTIC cleaner is a pH neutral, aqueous-based ear cleaner for dogs and cats. EPI-OTIC is for use in healthy ears for routine maintenance cleaning or for ears affected by otitis externa. The synergistic action of the active ingredients reinforces its cleaning activity.
The properties of Epi-Otic include:
- Cleansing: contains sodium docusate, which cleans the ear and salicyclic acid which breaks down any debris
- Drying: sodium docusate helps dry the ear after swimming or cleaning
- Antibacterial: contains PCMX & EDTA work together to disrupt the outer membrane of Gram negative bacteria, otherwise resistant to antimicrobial killing
- Soothing: contains monosaccharides that have soothing properties, and also act as an anti-adhesive formula that helps prevent bacterial colonisation
- Non-irritant: neutral pH similar to the canine ear, aqueous based and without any added fragrance
- No retro-contamination: short nozzle prevents re-seeding of infection
Salicylic acid and lactic acid in free and encapsulated forms. Contains PCMX, sodium docusate and chitosanide.
Place the tip of the applicator in the ear canal, and squeeze the bottle gently to release a small amount of Epi-Otic. Gently massage the base of the ear, then wipe the inside of the ear flap with clean cotton wool.
Recommended frequency is:
- 1-2 times a week for maintenance cleaning;
- before each medicated treatment in the case of ear infections;
- or as directed by your veterinary surgeon
Avoid prolonged exposure to temperatures above 30 ° C