Droncit Spot On for Cats (pack of 4)
|Prescription Type||AVM-GSL (OTC licensed veterinary medicine)|
What is Droncit Spot-on and who is it for?
DRONCIT® SPOT ON is for the treatment of tapeworms in cats. The product is effective against mature and immature forms of Dipylidium caninum and Taenia species. The product is also effective against Echinococcus multilocularis.
The application to the skin makes it ideal for use in fractious cats, helping avoid having a fight on your hands. It is ideal for hunting cats which require more frequent treatment and is effective against all the common tapeworms commonly found in UK cats.
This product does not treat other species of internal parasite such as roundworms - for treatment of these a broad spectrum wormer such as Drontal® is more appropriate. Ask your vet for advice on the best wormer for your cat.
The most up to date Summary of Product Characteristics for this authorised veterinary medicine can be viewed here
What is the active ingredient in Droncit Spot-on and what does it do?
Praziquantel, the active ingredient in DRONCIT, is effective against all stages of development of intestinal tapeworms. The substance is very rapidly absorbed and distributed throughout the parasite, and causes severe damage to the parasite integument, resulting in contraction and paralysis.
PackagingBlister pack containing 4 unit dose tubes, 0.5 ml solution per tube (20 mg praziquantel)
What is in Droncit Spot-on?
Praziquantel: 20 mg/0.5ml tube
How do I use Droncit Spot-on?
The minimum dose rate is 8 mg/kg bodyweight, which equates to 1 tube per 2.5 kg bodyweight.
|Bodyweight||Number of Tubes||Quantity of Praziquantel|
|1 - 2.5 kg||1||20 mg|
|>2.5 - 5 kg||2||40 mg|
|>5 kg||3||60 mg|
Method of Administration
- Remove one tube from the package. Hold tube in an upright position, twist and pull off cap. Use reversed cap to twist and remove seal from tube.
- Part the hair on the cat's neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible.
- Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze firmly several times to empty the contents directly onto the skin. Application at the base of the skull will minimise the opportunity for the cat to lick the product.
- To minimise the possibility of run-off after application of more than one pipette, it is advised that the applications should be performed slowly to allow absorption and that it may be advisable to allow the contents of the previous pipette to be absorbed before applying another.
- Tapeworm infestation is certain to re-occur unless control of intermediate hosts such as fleas, mice etc. is undertaken.
- Flea control: flea infestations can be controlled by the regular use of effective flea control remedies.
- Mice control: if cats roam and hunt, contact with, and consumption of, mice and subsequent re-infestation with Taenia taeniaeformis is impossible to prevent.
- It is recommended to re-apply the product when signs of tapeworm infestation re-appear or at monthly intervals.
Do not allow recently treated animals to groom each other.
Special precautions for use in animals:
Do not use on cats weighing less than 1 kg bodyweight.
Care should be taken to avoid the contents of the tube coming into contact with the eyes or mouth of the user or recipient animal.
For external use only.
Special precautions to be taken by the person administering the medicinal product to animals:
This product can be irritant to the skin and eyes.
Care should be taken to prevent contact of the solution with the skin or eyes.
If contact with the skin occurs, wash off any skin contamination with soap and water immediately.
If accidental contact occurs with the eyes, flush the affected eyes thoroughly with clean fresh water.
In the event of skin or eye contact, seek medical advice if irritation persists and show the Doctor this package.
Do not stroke or groom animals until area of application is dry (typically around 1 hour after application).
Wash hands thoroughly after use.
Do not eat, drink or smoke during application.
Store away from food, drink or animal feedingstuffs.
Occasionally a transient local reaction such as scurf or mild exudation may be observed at the application site following treatment.
The product is bitter tasting and salivation may occasionally occur if the cat licks the application site immediately after treatment. This is not a sign of intoxication and disappears after a short time without treatment.
No incompatibility has been observed between this product at the recommended dose and a range of common veterinary treatments.
Store away from food, drink and animal feeding stuffs.
Do not use after expiry date.
Marketing Authorisation holder:
Animal Health Division
Marketing authorisation number:
Panacur 1.8g Granules for Cats & Dogs (pack of 3)PANACUR® Granules are a broad spectrum anthelmintic for the treatment of domestic dogs and cats infected with immature and mature stages of roundworms of the gastro?intestinal and respiratory tracts. PANACUR® Granules are odourless and tasteless and are readily consumed by animals.£6.99
Droncit Tablets for Cats & Dogs (pack of 20)DRONCIT® is a tapeworm treatment for cats and dogs that is effective against all of the common species of tapeworm infecting dogs and cats in the United Kingdom and Ireland.£41.99
Panacur 10% Suspension for Cats & Dogs 100mlPANACUR® Oral Suspension for cats & dogs is a broad spectrum anthelmintic for the treatment of domestic dogs and cats infected with immature and mature stages of roundworms of the gastro?intestinal and respiratory tracts. PANACUR® Oral Suspension is ideal for dosing puppies and kittens, and adult cats and dogs.£28.99
Show products for :